Saturday, October 4, 2008

Lion King Makes a Scene

Last night I had the opportunity to see Lion King, the musical. Katherine and I had incredibly close seats and we were excited about that, because we would able to see all of the costumes up close. The only problem was that we were on the seats at the edge of the stage, so our view of one side was cut off. It was good though. My favorite parts were the dancing and the costumes. I added a lot of pictures of those things because I think that they were the best of the show.

The young Simba was a bad actor. Not just for little kids, but in general. Watching him was like watching a road show. A bad one, too. So, the first half was kinda painful. Scar was great, and he kept sounding like David Bowe. Mufasa was good. Zazo was hilarious. Rafiki was funny, and crazy, and a girl.... kinda interesting.

We were so close that the music and the singing drowned into one, so it was hard to hear the songs. That was a bummer. Another bummer was that I had a stomach cramp for the entire night. (The cramp still hasn't gone away and it's been 12 plus hours!) It hurt so much that I wanted to cry. That element could have added into my disklike of the play overall.

The costumes and dancing were amazing, but I do not think I would pay to see it again. Especially not if that little boy is in any part of it. I don't know; it just wasn't my cup of tea.



1 comment:

Laura said...

oh, bummer that you're not feeling well! and that it didn't knock your socks off. I do think a little Lion King goes a long way--Mom and I saw it standing the whole time, and really the first 10 minutes would've been enough.