Monday, August 24, 2009

Coco Avant Chanel

I would like to start out by saying that I just adore Audrey Tatou! She is just such an amazing actress. Also, I adore Coco Chanel's sense of fashion. Every outfit she wore, I wanted. Especially her fisherman inspired top. Yum!

The story was incredibly sad, but then again, most geniuses' stories are sad: Vincent Van Gogh, John Constable, Nick Drake, etc. The movie seemed real, though. Some biographical movies don't seem all that real. But this did. I loved how cynical she was, but then how she became so happy because of her love for "Boy." I didn't think he was especially cute, but I loved their relationship: how he wasn't ashamed of her, when they'd quote philosophers, ect. It was sweet.

All in all, I liked the movie. A lot. I'll probably buy it when it comes out, and add it to my "Beautiful Memoirs" collection. (which is currently Miss. Potter and Finding Neverland.)







My favorite outfit


Compare this picture with the one below. They could be sisters.


The woman, herself.

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

Glad the film is so good. I can't wait to see it.