Saturday, December 12, 2009

my heart leaps up when i behold a rainbow in the sky

.. or something like that. All I can say is that there is something just so beautiful about the English countryside.

This past week I spent a few days in Birmingham, just over an hour north of London, with my friends Corrine and Emma. Training through the country is one of my favorite things to do. The English Countryside is just beautiful. I love it during winter, when the bare trees form silhouettes against the grey sky. (uh oh, i'm getting poetical.)

While I was up there, Corrine took Emma and I to this farm in Birmingham and a wildlife preserve. It was lovely. It made me think of my childhood in new hampshire, which was perfect.

IMG_1955

corrine leading the way with jack.

IMG_1935

IMG_1942

IMG_1944

emma petting a calf. look how beautiful her eyes are!

IMG_1941

corrine's russell terrier, jack.

IMG_1932

as always, more photos on my flickr.

No comments: