Saturday, January 2, 2010

I, Leslie, Cook

True story. Last night, I cooked halibut breaded with oat. It was delicious, healthy and so easy. I don't really like fish, mostly the smell, but I didn't smell it with this recipe. (Also, I had the stove fan on for the whole thing.)

Here's the recipe if you want to try it at home:

(makes 2)
200 g (7 oz) white fish fillet (cod, haddock, halibut, etc)
1 egg beaten with 1 TB mustard
4 heaped TB oat flakes with 1 TB mixed dried herbs (Herbes de Provence)
1 TB olive oil

.combine egg and mustard in one bowl. blitz oats in blender until they become a powder. combine with herbs in a separate bowl.

.heat oil in frying pan.

.coat fillet in bowl then oats. then fry (each sides for 3 minutes)

.serve with lemon wedges.

1 comment:

C. said...

This sounds great! I'm dribbling. I will definitely try it.