Sunday, January 10, 2010

World vs. Mr. Rogers

If you dear readers are like me, you grew up watching Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood. I think everyone who watched that program took something. I took away how he had an outdoor sweater and an indoor one, and he always hung them up. My friend Darrik told me that he was influenced by the way Mr. Rogers always put away his shoes. I'm sure you all have similar impressions.
Mr. Rogers was a great man, and he tried so hard to teach us children to love ourselves. He ended each show with a sweet message: "I like you, just the way you are." Below is a video that compares Mr. Rogers to the world. I hope it makes you think.



I wear makeup. 'Tis true. I worry about if people will like the clothes I buy. I worry about if guys will think my eyelashes are long enough. (why would they care? i don't know, but i still worry about it.) The point that I am wanting to get across is that you should like you, no matter what.
Dear Future Children- you will grow up watching Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood [if i can find it on DVD]. x leslie
These are lessons that I want burned into my children's minds.

here's a last video of Mr. Rogers. i dare you NOT to tear up.

No comments: