Wednesday, March 24, 2010

no. 1

every few days, i'm going to post a simon and garfunkel song- just because i want to.  i will include the music video (or a link to it) as well a link to the lyrics.

to start this off:
i adore simon and garfunkel.  they have such wonderful lyrics and such calming tunes.  if you want to get a gift for a good friends, get (or make) them a compilation of simon and garfunkel. like this song: Old Friends.



"Can you imagine us years from today,
Sharing a parkbench quietly
How terribly strange to be seventy"
full lyrics here

2 comments:

andalucy said...

Leslie, I have to tell you that your name came up the other day in relation to S and G. I LOVE them and it had been a while since I'd listened to my CD, so I took it on a long car trip with the kids. The kids started complaining that it was "old people's music," and I replied that it wasn't because "Leslie O listens to it and she's not old." That shut them up. :-)

C. said...

I love them. I really really love them. Like, top ten faves. I'm excited about this.