Thursday, February 24, 2011

goodbye facebook

i deactivated my facebook.

let's go back an hour and a half.

i'm sitting in my art theory class discussing the art theory of marxism and social history.  my teacher talks about how mass media is used to control the masses.  which brings us to facebook.

i decided that i don't want to live as if i'm on display.  i don't want to open my personal life up to the whole world.

which brings me to this blog.

for a while, i've been thinking that i don't want this blog to be public anymore.  so, come sunday.  this blog will be private.

comment below to stay subscribed.

don't worry, this blog and this tumblr will stay public.

you can thank marx for this.

16 comments:

andalucy said...

Thanks A LOT, Marx, you big creep. But didn't he say that religion was the opiate of the masses? Are you going to give that up, too? ;-)

Lana said...

Keep me ! lanaaleyse@gmail.com

ktb said...

please include me in your blog-life! I love it!

Konga said...

woman, you better keeps me!

Kimber said...

I love reading your blog, please keep me!

ahlin said...

if you don't include me. bad things will happen.
yay no facebook!
i have started a revolution. me and marx. but mostly me.

Emily said...

keep me too

emilypowers2@gmail.com

Hannah Emily said...

me as well, please

Anonymous said...

i can has?

Brenda said...

I agree with andalucy. You keep me in touch with the "young people". It's an inclusive community feel and I've never been a lemming no matter what Marx says!

Ruthie said...

ruthostler@gmail.com I love you Les!

L.Jegers said...

AH! Keep me too!

Anonymous said...

i just wanted to say - ahlin would.

Katie Marie said...

i feel like i shouldn't even have to comment. i should just assume, as your roommate, that you would keep me. but. just in case. KEEP ME!

tiffany and darren said...

Tiffanyjhatch at hotmail dot com

Mary said...

I love your blog :) (naylor.mary [at] gmail)