Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Across the Pond

Thanksgiving across the pond was such a treat! Part of my family came over from D.C. We started the week off by going up to Scotland.

We had Thanksgiving supplied by Whole Foods. Yum! Thursday night we went and watched Phantom of the Opera. It was well done. I liked the musical Christine and Raul much more than the movie. Both were more feisty. Christine acted her age, and the last scene, when the Phantom takes her down to his lair, she fought back. It was better in those respects. During the day we toured the National Gallery. It had amazing Impressionist and Post-Impressionist works. But most of our time was spent in the Renaissance and that sort of religious artwork, and after seeing a billion madonnas with child, I wanted to shoot myself.

Friday morning, Katherine and Laura sat in line infront of the Ivanov theater to get tickets for Ivanov that night. They sat in line from 5:30 to 10:30, and they got two boxes, and two standing tickets. I stood, and it wasn't bad at all. Kenneth Branagh played Ivanov, and the rest of the cast was from impressive backgrounds: films, TV series that I've seen. It was a great experience and I am so happy that Katherine and Laura waited so long for those tickets!

No comments: